HIGH LIGHT OF THE FIGHT

MANNY PACQUIAO VS JOSHUA CLOTTEY WEIGH IN

Chat Here

Create a Meebo Chat Room

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Manny Pacquiao: I am not concerned about the money from a Mayweather fight… I just want to give exciting fights!”


Courtesy of the Krystal Hart Show, see what Manny Pacquiao has to say about his upcoming fight with Joshua Clottey and the Floyd Mayweather Jr. fallout!

Manny Pacquiao: “I’m not concerned about the Money (that would have come in a fight vs. Mayweather). I’m concerned about what I can give in terms of my performance to the people who love boxing. My concern isn’t only with myself, but with the people who buy tickets looking for a good fight. I don’t want to disappoint people with a boring fight. I feel you need to entertain the people who watch your fights.”

“I think with what I’ve done in boxing over the last few years I’m happy that I’ve given the fans a good and exciting stretch of fights. I promise you that in my next fight against Clottey I will give a good fight and make everyone happy. Without God I’m not here and that’s important to me. I can’t promise I’ll win the fight but I will give my best to honour my country and boxing fans everywhere.”

Manny Pacquiao on fighting Joshua Clottey:

“I think with what I’ve done in boxing over the last few years I’m happy that I’ve given the fans a good and exciting stretch of fights. I promise you that in my next fight against Clottey I will give a good fight and make everyone happy. Without God I’m not here and that’s important to me. I can’t promise I’ll win the fight but I will give my best to honour my country and boxing fans everywhere. I want to make everyone happy. I want to thank everyone for their support and prayers… especially my countrymen.”

“Don’t miss my fight with Joshua Clottey on March 13. It’s going to be a good fight because he has a good style. It’s a different kind of style and I want to fight. He’s bigger and he’s taller than Miguel Cotto. I watched Clottey fight Cotto in New York and I thought it was a close fight that he won. I didn’t expect I would end up fighting Clottey but I will prepare myself and train hard.”

“Clottey is a strong guy and a good fighter. He’s a former world champion. I am sure we will have a good fight and create a lot of excitement in the ring.”

Manny Pacquiao on the Mayweather fight falling apart:

“I’m a very honest person. I’m a clean fighter who trains very hard. People don’t know how hard I train and the sacrifices I make. I believe in God and I pray. I don’t think Mayweather wanted the fight. He had too many reasons (that lead) to cancel the fight. I’m not disappointed because I know I’m not the one who didn’t want the fight and I have to defend myself.”

“I’m not against Blood testing. Just not the day of the fight. I’ve had that happen in the (first) Morales fight. I lost that fight and my body felt very weak. I don’t feel I recovered. That is why I don’t want blood testing close to the fight.”

“I’m not concerned about the Money (that would have come in a fight vs. Mayweather). I’m concerned about what I can give in terms of my performance to the people who love boxing. My concern isn’t only with myself, but with the people who buy tickets looking for a good fight. I don’t want to disappoint people with a boring fight. I feel you need to entertain the people who watch your fights.”

“I think Mayweather vs. Mosley will be a good fight. I think Mosley will win.”

Source: FightFan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AddThis

Bookmark and Share